First, let me comment on the flight to Japan. Husband and I copped seats in Business Elite. That is NOT First Class. It's better than First Class on Domestic Flights. Here are all the reasons:
- The seats lay flat. Yes -- I repeat -- the seats lay flat and extends out from beneath to support your legs.
- All movies, games, and music are on-demand
- Delta provides you with slippers to wear, noise-cancelling ear phones, a small toiletries bag, a standard size, down feather pillow, and a full-size comforter.
- They served two full meals with real silverware and glassware.
- The first meal was complete with an appetizers course, main course, and a dessert course
- The second meal was a "pre-arrival" meal. It was breakfast. A very delicious breakfast.
Nearly everything here is done in Japanese and English (at least at the airport and the hotel shuttle). The language barrier is not too harsh. I wish I could post the pictures I took with my Blackberry but I'm not paying the international roaming charges on my phone.
Tomorrow, I will definitely have my camera to capture all the beauty that I will find in Narita and Tokyo. I will post a few here and the bulk of it on Facebook.
The hotel we're at is OUTSTANDING and great for the price we got it for. The universe is truly abundant!