We live in the era of REALITY SHOWS. I have my favorites. The Real World is the show that started it all for me. I think that was way back in the late 80's. That first season had me hooked. I was convinced that it was scripted because there just couldn't be that much drama in one place, seemingly, 24 hours a day. I am already a 'people watcher' by nature so reality shows have just taken it to another level. From Biggest Loser to Basketball Wives on VH-1 and Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo. True Life on MTV and Pregnant at 16. RuPaul's Drag Race is quite entertaining. Watching it makes me feel like I'm in a room with my tranny friends. HGTV's Design Star is another fave. My all-time reality show though is PROJECT RUNWAY on Lifetime. Tim Gunn is the shizzz! Oh -- I also like What Not To Wear.
THE HIVE would star ten secretaries (administrative assistants) in a large corporation. Here are some "must-have" scenario's:
- Single mother in a custody battle with her ex-husband
- Admin assistant sleeps with boss
- Super Mom that wishes she could be a housewife
- Addictive personality admin assitant
- The "B" -- nothing is good enough for her
- The ultra conservative lady with "strong morals"
- The Cheerleader turned Corporate Cheerleader
- The lesbian that made a mistake and wants to go back to heterosexuality
- The heterosexual male admin assistant (think of that guy in Sandra Bullock's movie, The Proposal)
- The gay male admin assistant
I think that would make an excellent show if not, dramatic!! I call it THE HIVE to be symbolic of all the worker bees that make a corporation run.